Friday, November 23, 2007

5 Good Reasons to be an Ex Lawyer

By Kent Holden
Years of defending class action litigation brought rewards. The pace was fast, the stakes were high. It was exciting...but limiting. So I left the law to start a home-based network marketing business in the health and wellness industry, and I discovered a myriad of reasons to be an ex-lawyer. Here are five good ones.

Freedom of Time. I typically worked a 50 to 60 hour week as an in-house litigator. Now I set my desired goals for what I want to achieve in a day, a week or a month and work accordingly. I put in the longer hours if I choose, but I can also cut the day or week short when I've accomplished my goals. I keep time only by the amount of success I have achieved over time, not by tenths of an hour. I get up when my body is ready, go to sleep when I'm tired, bike, write and play with regularity. My new life allows me to take time for things that matter to me.

Earning Potential. Network marketing also permits me to earn both from my own efforts and from the efforts of others to whom I have introduced the business. These associates are not employees. Rather, they are people whom I have helped to start their own businesses and pursue their own goals and dreams. Working with others, rather than for others, creates leverage that geometrically increases my earning power. Contrast this to a salary limited to market rates, an annual increase limited to a predetermined percentage and a bonus limited by economic conditions...NO MATTER HOW HARD I WORK! My income now is directly proportional to my effort, increased by the leverage created through the success experienced by my associates. Clearly it is a win-win for all.

Residual Income. A lawyer must be "lawyering" to be paid. In my network marketing business, however, I derive income from commission on product my customers order as well as a small commission on the product ordered by my associates and their customers. Consequently, I receive a weekly paycheck regardless of whether I am on the job, on vacation or retired. As long as customers and associates continue to use the product, the income also continues. I am a baby boomer building a lifetime "pension" in the form of a residual income, the size of which is limited only by my imagination and consistent effort.

Tax Benefits. My tax benefits as a salaried attorney without children were primarily limited to the deduction of interest on home mortgages. Now, I can also reduce my tax bill by deducting business-related expenses, such as: marketing costs, office supplies, entertainment of potential customers and associates, mileage, the cost of my computer and other electronic equipment, the cell phone bill, business travel, and many, many other items. April 15 has never been the same.

No Barriers. In network marketing, the opportunity to earn and achieve one's personal goal is the same for all. It is not dependent upon education or seniority, nor is it limited by experience level or economic status. Each associate has the same opportunity as I have to increase earnings through leverage and to create a residual income. We begin at the same starting point and walk or run, depending upon personal desire, to our own goal line...a perfect race where everyone wins.

Freedom of time, earning potential, residual income, tax benefits and the lack of barriers to success are only a few of the many positives I have discovered by becoming an ex-lawyer and starting my own network marketing business. Stay tuned.

Businesswoman, Friend, and Team player Ginny Cone assists Women to be success stories and inspiration to others. The fact that you are investigating the home-based business industry is a sign that you have dreams and trust in those dreams. Let me assist you: go to my website and register for the FR.EE newsletter and receive a copy of the FR.EE “Building Business Report”.Visit: Be a BraveHeart Woman

Article Source: http://www.ArticleBiz.com

No comments:

personal laws