Thursday, May 15, 2008

What’s Wrong With The Law Of Attraction?

By: Larry Blenn

Copyright 2006 llbglobal

Over the past few months I have had several personal revelations. I have written several articles about the Law of Attraction but it wasn’t until only recently that I discovered the one inherent flaw with the theory of “The Law of Attraction”. Like all theories, the law of attraction is simply just that, nothing more than a theory.

The flaw arises out of our need to have a theory in the first place. After all, isn’t our need to have a “life story” the reason why we are here? We constantly seek out new experiences. It is what physical humans do. Because we have an innate sense of needing a purpose, we rationalize this as being here to do something and yet that very thing we are here to do, we hide from.

So I suppose you could say the only flaw with the law of attraction is the same flaw with everything. Everything in this world is dualistic. It’s either this way or that way. My concern is the belief that there is only one way of absolute truth and when you are fed the “truth” by someone else you are in fact living your life through their eyes.

People believe that without a purpose and a set of morals we would be absolutely insane and yet deep down inside we do share a moral conscious. We do care about other humans. We share the joys and pains together and it’s our mutual empathy that has evolved into who we are today. The fact that we can each share pain and make ourselves have feelings towards another human being whom we have never met is surely a sign that we are in fact all connected. That is why we feel sad when we hear the news that Princess Diana has been killed or even the crocodile hunter. We experience these feelings of pain because we are somehow connected.

We do not need a “theory” of life, we only think we do. Many people believe that without a God there would be no rules. We believe there would be chaos in the streets and yet we ignore that in fact there already is chaos in the streets. Our desire to have a purpose only drives our insanity into a never ending egoic journey from which we never seem to be able to escape.

If I had to say what I thought my purpose would be, I would say that it is the power of intent that drives all of us. We create our life through our intent. Following an idea or belief is only good for the sake of following an idea or belief. I’ve heard the phrase “Faith without works is dead” and it’s true! It takes a lot of work being alive right? So our true purpose is finding faith in whatever we choose and then going with the flow. I don’t care if you believe in the law of attraction, I only care that I live my life to its fullest extent with true conscious intent. So if you ask my advice I say just go with the flow, decide what your next step in life will be and follow through with it. Then when you wake up tomorrow, start all over again.

Article Source: http://articles.directorygold.com


Larry Blenn is the CEO of llbglobal, a web marketing firm working to create better life environments. www.believefactor.com

No comments:

personal laws