Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Law Of Attraction - The 5 Secrets Of Visualization

By: Karen Lim
During visualization, one common question people ask is: " If I am not rich and successful now, how can I lie to myself and imagine that I am rich and successful?"
I must tell you that visualization works regardless of your current reality. This is because your sub-conscious mind cannot tell the difference between reality and your imagination.
That is why in The Secret movie, Bob Proctor said if you see it (your dreams) in your eyes, you will hold it in your hands.
Whilst visualization is powerful and it can bring you wealth, the opposite is also true. For most people, they think about those events, which they observe most. So if they are always observing negative events, they tend to think how unlucky they are. And these thoughts create more negative events in their life.
So how do you get visualization to work for you rather than against you? This article provides you with some five secrets in visualization: -
(1) Practice
Repetition is the key to success in acquiring any new skills. You have to practice your visualization skills. The good new is the more real your visualization, the more effective you will achieve what you desire.
(2) See Yourself as Third Person
Imagine you are watching a movie in your mind. You are the lead actor or actress in this movie. You are viewing your life as a third person.
The key here is when you visualize behind your eyes; your mind treats it as a memory. Memory gets programmed into your subconscious mind and you will begin to form a belief that this memory is true.
(3) Put Emotions into Your Dream
Whatever your dream, always and always feel what you are visualizing. Of course, the emotions you attached to your visualization must be positive vibration.
Remember, thoughts alone cannot manifest your dream into reality. The formula to your prosperity = Thoughts plus Positive Emotions
(4) Increase Color and Brightness of a Wanted Scene
You can increase the color and brightness when you visualize the scene, which you have positive emotion about.
(5) Desensitize an Unwanted Scene
If a bad scene pops up, change the scene to black and white. This will help to decrease the negative emotions you feel towards the scene.
When writing points 4 and 5, I recalled a personal experience, which I like to illustrate how these 2 points serve in visualization.
I used to be afraid of cats. I really did not know the reason since cats did not bite me when I was young. My fear of cat is so strong that I could hear my heart pumping fast and loud even when I saw cats at a distance.
One day, I decided to use visualization to remove my fear of cats. What I did was I visualized a scene whereby cats are walking towards me. Immediately, I feel fearful.
Next, I decreased the color and brightness of the scene to black and white before I minimized the scene such that it only occupied the left hand corner of my mind.
Finally, I visualized a scene whereby cats are walking near to me. After feeling comfortable with cats, I imagine myself bending down and stroke a cat with my hands. At this point, I increased the color and brightness of the scene.
After one visualization exercise, I am now absolutely comfortable of walking near to cats. Isn't this amazing?
Now that you are also aware of the secrets in visualization, you can apply them in areas of your life, which you want to visualize into reality.
Copyright (c) 2007 Karen Lim
Article Source: http://www.ApprovedArticles.com
Karen Lim is a Personal Development Expert in Law of Attraction. She shows people around the world HOW to apply Law of Attraction in their life to attract more money, better health & better relationships. Visit her Website today to learn the Success Formula and grab your FREE Law of Attraction Reports to turbo-charge your life!

No comments:

personal laws